State Blood Cell
Web Based Blood Bank MIS:-
Web Based Blood Bank Management Information System is a blood tracking & tracing system which will ensure safety and accessibility of blood to citizens in minimal processing time. Blood donation and transfusion service is an indispensable part of contemporary medicine and health care as it saves lives.
This great challenge has been considerably alleviated with the development of information and computer technology. E-Blood Bank is an integrated blood bank automation system. This web based mechanism inter connects all the Government Blood Banks of the State into a single network. Integrated Blood Bank MIS refers to the acquisition, validation, storage and circulation of various live data and information electronically regarding blood donation and transfusion service. Such a system is able to assemble heterogeneous data into legible reports to support decision making from effective donor screening to optimal blood dissemination in the field. These electronic processes will help the public for easy access to the blood availability status in blood banks on finger tips; so that they can place a requisition for a particular blood group in nearby blood bank and save a valuable life.
Availability of Blood Service Facilities
- Regional Blood Bank cum BCSU, Pasteur Institute, Shillong, East Khasi Hills District.
- Blood Bank Jowai Civil Hospital - West Jaintia Hills District.
- Blood Bank Tura Civil Hospital - West Garo Hills District.
- Blood Bank Nongpoh Civil Hospital - Ri Bhoi District.
Blood Storage Centres
- East Jaintia Hills - Khliehriat CHC.
- West Khasi Hills - Tirot Singh Memorial Hospital – Mairang
- West Jaintia Hills - District Hospital, Ialong.
- South West Garo Hills - Civil Hospital, Ampati.
- East Khasi Hills - Sohra CHC.
- East Khasi Hills - Pynursla CHC.
- East Khasi Hills - Civil Hospital, Shillong.
- West Garo Hills - Phulbari CHC.
Blood collection Transport Van (BCTV)
- Regional Blood Bank, Pasteur Institute, Shillong, East Khasi Hills.
- Blood Bank Tura Civil Hospital – West Garo Hills