State Health Mission & State Health Society
At the State level, the Mission would function under the overall guidance of the State Health Mission headed by the Chief Minister of the State. The functions under the Mission would be carried out through the State Health & Family Welfare Society. The structures of the Mission and Society and their linkages are mentioned in the following paragraphs.
State Health Mission Composition
Chairperson : Chief Minister
Co-Chairperson : Minister of Health and Family Welfare, State Government
Convener : Principal Secretary/Secretary (Family Welfare)
- Ministers in charge of Departments relevant to NRHM such as AYUSH, Women and Child Development, Medical Education, Public Health Engineering, Water and Sanitation, Panchayati Raj, Rural Development, Social Welfare, Urban Development, Planning, Finance, etc.
- Nominated public representatives (5 to 10 members) such as MPs, MLAs, Chairmen, Zila Parishad, urban local bodies (women should be adequately represented)
- Official representatives: Chief Secretary/Development Commissioners and Principal Secretaries/Secretaries in-charge of relevant departments such as Women and Child Development, Public Health Engineering, Panchayati Raj, Rural Development, Tribal Welfare, Urban Development/Affairs, Finance, Planning and Representative, MoHFW, GoI, Director (Health Services)/Director (AYUSH).
- Nominated non-official members (5 to 8 members) such as health experts, representatives of medical associations, NGOs, etc
- Representatives of Development Partners
Frequency of meetings: At least once in every six months
Ordinary Business: Providing health system oversight, consideration of policy matters related with health sector (including determinants of good health), review of progress in implementation of NRHM; inter-sectoral coordination, advocacy measures required to promote NRHM visibility.